Monday 23 April 2007

UFOs revisited

Remember way back in one of my first posts my mentioning of the Pinwheel Jacket? It had been put on hiatus for a fair while, since about the end of january really. I found it was too hot to knit with a large lump of wool sitting on my lap, summer is not the season for a pure wool knee rug!

Anyway, I've picked it back up again. I have a number of assessments at uni due and an exam that frankly scares the living daylights out of me (I don't normally do well with exams). Mindless knitting that occupies the hands and not the mind is exactly what I need at the moment, and so I've recommenced work on it. To be honest, there isn't that much to do. I have 1/3 of a sleeve done and only 25 rows to go on the body, and maybe the i-cord edging. I'm not sure if I'm going to do that yet.

Besides, I bought a few books, and I'd like to have a warm jumper finished before I knit anything out of those. I'll review the books as soon as they arrive. I did buy them from Amazon.com so it might take a while. Has anyone else noticed that knitting books in Australia are absurdly expensive? It is cheaper to buy them from America and pay the shipping!

No comments: