Sunday 1 April 2007

Recent activity

I have been rather quiet on the blog front as of lately. Partly because I've been busy, and partly because I've been battling the computer (There's a reason I christened it Hades).

My knitting:



I'd been having a great deal of trouble when I was using the bamboo (as mentioned in the post below) but these are the knitpicks (yes, I know you can't see the needles, but the photo's from a mobile phone!) and they are simply wonderful. The stitches slip along them easily, the joins are smooth and don't catch on the silk, they're nice and light for my hands... I just couldnt be happier with them!

And in the vein of Julie's cat posts, while trying to take photos of the knitting my lovely Vinnie attempted to usurp my attention by plonking himself dead centre on the knitting while I was fiddling with settings on the camera/phone. I got bitten for the trouble of removing him.

And as I sat at my computer this morning, I realised that I was sitting next to a spinning wheel, with a 1/3 full bobbin and a pile on unspun roving next to me. A little while later and I had this:
The focus is way off, but this is the closest to the true colour I could get. It's light fingering weight and is still planned for a(nother) shawl. I hadn't done any spinning for a couple of months, long enough that I'd forgotten how much I enjoy it. I'm also tempted to get out my spindle again, and remove the horrible coarse stuff that's currently on it and start using it again. I'd stopped using it after I experienced the speed of production a wheel offers.

I'm also rather happy with a discovery this morning. I'm a member of a number of yahoo groups, most having to do with spinning. This morning I found a group that was for fiber fanatics who had fibromyalgia and other problems, such as CFS, lupus and so on. So basically, a group of people who'll understand and offer advice for such thing as having trouble with knitting because you can't hold your hands steady enough to put the needle through the loops. The group can be found here for those of you who are interested.

Hopefully, more updates to come as I progress!

4 comments:

Julie said...

When the cat sits on your knitting, you take a photo and then revile them on your blog! Come on! Where's the photo? Haha.

The lace looks lovely, and so does the spinning. Pretty color.

Cam-ee said...

Thank :-)

There is no cat photo because I tried to take video and the bloody gadget refused to work!

Bells said...

technology conspired against you. Damn.

That lace is stunning. I adore the colour!

Cam-ee said...

Thanks Bells!

The technology is currently conspiring to a greater degree. The video didn't turn out too badly, it's complete with indignant voice over of "there's a cat settling on my knitting!!!"

I just can't get it off the damn phone now, neither the bluetooth or the data cable will work