Monday 29 January 2007

So, what have I been up to?

I have been busy since the last post, but things should be calming down now. The wheel has been almost as busy as myself. I've been trying to spin slower, but treadling slow is alot harder than treadling at a moderate pace, I've found.

Anyhow, this is what I've produced so far.

It really doesn't seem like much, but I haven't had as much time as I would have liked. However, everything bar the two on the left are three ply, so they did take me a fair while as I'm trying to get a decent navajo ply going.

Here are their stats:

Chocolate brown crossbreed.
76 yds, 10 wpi, 3 ply

Natural colour blend crossbreed
66 yds, 9 wpi, 3 ply


Wool/angora blend, I'm not sure of the ratio, or actual breeds
88 yds, 13 wpi, 3 ply

more crossbreed, natural colour blend,
stats to come

Merino/silk blend, 85/15% from www.spinnknit.com purchased at the 2006 stitches and craft show, one of the two skeins in that photo that actually has a project set aside for it. The one mentioned below is the other.
100 g, more stats to come

I don't yet have a photo of the blue one on the far left on the computer, but it's the multicoloured merino roving from virginia farm. I still have 100g of the stuff left to spin.

No comments: