Friday 17 August 2007

It's been a slow week...

It's been a slow week in the way of knitting around here. The uni/house/ect work has been getting in the way. With any luck I'll be getting more done around here during the coming week.

However, I have managed to turn the heel of the tofutsies sock. I found I had an issue with picking up the wraps on the short row heel, but only on the knit side. Either way, it's all fixed, and there's a great video to show where you're going wrong at knittinghelp.com.

The heel has now been fully turned, and an inch or so worked on the leg. I managed to leave my camera at a friend's place so I don't have a shot of the actual current sock, and yes, these are different needles to the other photo. My gauge was too tight so I had to go up a needle size. I'm really not liking the bluntness of these bamboos though, so I've ordered a set of the knitpicks. These needles do hold a special place though, they were my first ever pair of sock needles, purchased last year at the Stitches and Craft show.


And this is one of the brilliant stitch markers my sister gave me. I think they're great!



Also, I'm nearly on Ravelry!

  • You signed up on July 9, 2007
  • You are #9247 on the list.
  • 265 people are ahead of you in line.
  • 16582 people are behind you in line.
  • 34% of the list has been invited so far

No comments: